Date: 14-Dec-2014 22 Kislev 5775
Location: Ahavas Shalom
Attending: Lev Seltzer, Aryeh Beer, Micha Kushner, Yonah Kauffman, Shalom Woodrow
Absent: Alan Rubinstein (abroad), Ari Waldman, Avi Rosenberg
Summary by Lev Seltzer and Micha Kushner
- The MM will take place in Beis Tefila hall.
- Ari Goldwag will provide music.
- The guest of honor is Ari Waldman.
- Ari Waldman’s choir will perform.
- The guest speaker is still not confirmed.
- Price will be 100NIS for members, 120NIS for non-members.
- Working on creating online method of ordering adverts and paying for them.
- Need to prepare signs for MM.
- Brad Rubenstein will emcee MM.
Building and Maintenance
- Get outside doors covered ASAP.
- Bulletin boards were installed at various places in the Shul to make things more orderly. Still missing one more board to be placed outside for Simchas/non-Shul notices.
- Purchase two Shabbos clocks and inline toggle switches for exhaust fans.
- The Vaad decided not to currently limit use of the extension, and it will continue to be available for people to use for learning during the day and night.
- Different plans/options for next step of extension being worked on with Rav.
- We will only announce special events and non-standard Shiurim on Shabbos at the end of davening.
- The Vaad wants to rejuvenate evening learning in the Beis Midrash.
- The vaad is working on building a proper database of members including exact information about children. One of the purposes of the database is to understand the makeup of the membership in order to better focus activities.